If your child is struggling in school, let your Pediatrician know. While some kids have learning styles that take practice to adapt to and others take time to develop strong study habits, sometimes there is a medical issue that can be treated.
Common reasons for having trouble in school are:
- Decreased eyesight (requiring glasses)
- Decreased hearing (requiring a hearing aid)
- Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
If your child is having difficulty in school, they may qualify for a 504 Plan or an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
For More Information:
- 504 Education Plans – KidsHealth
- Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) – KidsHealth
- Protecting Students With Disabilities – U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
- Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act – Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- 504 plans and your child: A guide for families – Understood.org
- Understanding IEPs – Understood.org