Flu & COVID Vaccine Info
COVID Vaccines for children ages 6m through 4yrs old:
The COVID Vaccine for children ages 6m through 4yrs old has arrived! We will be administering the vaccine during special vaccine clinics. Due to the administration protocols for this vaccine, we will not be able to add it on during your regularly scheduled office or well visit appointment.
How to make an appointment for your child aged 6m – 4yrs old to get the COVID vaccine:
- Call our office at 978-475-4522 to schedule your appointment
- These clinics are only for current Andover Pediatrics patients
- Morning, Afternoon and Saturday clinics will be available
- We are not able to accommodate walk-in patients
- This will be a vaccine with the nurse only, and not a full appointment with a MD or NP
COVID Vaccines for children over 3yrs old and their parents:
We have partnered with VaxinateRx and HealthCare Family Pharmacy to offer COVID vaccinations at the Andover Pediatrics office. Please use the link below to register for your appointment. Due to the incredibly high demand for vaccines and limited post vaccination waiting space we will not be accepting walk-ins at this clinic
The following will be available based on the most recent FDA/CDC emergency use authorizations:
- We will be offering the Pfizer vaccine and anyone ages 3 years and up is eligible to sign up to receive their vaccines at these clinics
- Primary vaccine series for anyone ages 3yrs +
- First boosters at least 5 months after finishing primary vaccine series for ages 5yrs +
- A second booster dose individuals 50 years of age and older at least 4 months after receipt of a first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- A second booster dose for individuals 12 years of age and older who are moderately to severely immunocompromised at least 4 months after receipt of a first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine.
To Schedule a COVID vaccine appointment for Andover Pediatrics patients ages 3 and up and their parents:
- Please bring your insurance cards (medical and prescription) and COVID-19 vaccination cards to the clinic. COVID vaccines are free for all regardless of insurance coverage.
- For anyone under the age of 18, a consent form must be signed by a parent or guardian in order to receive a vaccine.
- Please plan on staying for 15 minutes after being vaccinated (30 minutes for anyone who has had a prior anaphylactic reaction to any medication).
- Please note: VaxinateRx is a separate agency from Andover Pediatrics, and uses a separate scheduling system. The Andover Pedi office team cannot see or change your VaxinateRx appointments. If you have questions about your appointment or need to change it, please follow the directions found on your registration email, or send an email with your child’s name, date of birth, the scheduled appt date and time, and your contact info to Info@VaxinateRx.com . The VaxinateRx team will respond to your question.
This year there are 3 ways to get flu shots.
Flu vaccines during an office visit:
Flu vaccines will be offered during office visits for the patient and siblings. Please let us know in advance or at check-in if you would like the siblings to receive a flu vaccine that day.
Flu and COVID vaccines available at a Vaxinate Rx clinic:
You may book an appointment for children ages 3 yrs and over as well as parents at the Vaxinate Rx clinics. When booking, you will have the option for:
- COVID only
- Flu only
- Flu & COVID
Other flu vaccine resources:
- If your child gets their flu shot at a pharmacy, school or college IN MASSACHUSETTS, we will be able to see those records through the state MIIS system.
- If your child gets their flu shot at a pharmacy, school or college OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS, please send us a copy of the documentation. You can fax it to us at 978-688-6047 or email it to us at Info@AndoverPedi.com. Just be sure that the child’s name and date of birth are clearly legible on the document.
**Andover Pediatrics and VaxinateRx are separate companies. We cannot see each other’s schedules or share insurance information. Please be sure to bring your insurance cards (both medical and prescription) for any VaxinateRx clinics.