Social Media & Cell Phones
Social media and cell phones allow kids to be connected with their friends, but also raise challenges of meeting strangers without supervision. Before your children get social media accounts and cell phones, please take time to set ground rules (such as, no talking to strangers, what are inappropriate messages to send and receive online, etc.).
Cyberbullying is also a potential concern, so please let us know if you notice any changes in your child’s mood or behavior.
Social media can be used safely and responsibly, but it is important to talk about it and check in from time-to-time, just like you talk about talking to strangers in public or bullying in school.
For More Information:
- Constantly Connected: How Media Use Can Affect Your Child – HealthyChildren.org
- How to Connect with Your Teen about Smart & Safe Media Use – HealthyChildren.org
- Cyberbullying: What Parents Need to Know – HealthyChildren.org
- Your Child’s First Phone: Are They Ready? – HealthyChildren.org
- Andover Pediatrics Bullying Information