Soy/Milk Elimination Diet For Breastfeeding Moms
So you’ve been told you need to trial a dairy and soy free diet. Remember this is temporary and the majority of babies with cows milk protein allergy are eating buttercream frosting by their first birthday party, probably sooner. The first week or so of the diet is the most difficult because you need to figure out what you eat now. Below is a brief grocery list to get started.
Milk and Soy Free Starter Grocery List:
This list is not exhaustive but it can be a good starting point. Avoiding dairy can be trickier if you have food allergies or follow a vegetarian diet. In these cases consulting with a nutritionist can be super helpful.
- Earth balance soy free butter (red container)
- Coconut Aminos (instead of soy sauce)
- Dave’s Killer bread brand has dairy/soy free breads/bagels. Available at whole foods in Andover.
- Coconut milk yogurt
- Almond milk /coconut milk ice cream
- Natures Bakery has fig granola bars that are dairy/soy free
- *soy lecithin is okay